I've had a few of those people on my mind recently. I've been digging to find just what that reason might have been with some, and counting the many clear reasons with others. Here's a bit of what I've learned:
- Timing can be everything. Sometimes it's the timing that isn't right, and causes people to fall out of our lives even when we don't feel ready to lose them. The ones that are supposed to be in our lives will eventually drift back in. The ones that stay gone, came and went for a purpose. It's discovering that purpose which often helps us to cope with their leaving.
- People inspire me. Whether it's their energy, creativity, selflessness, encouragement, spontaneity, perseverance, generosity, tenacity, fearlessness, or simply their kindness. I find myself dreaming of new opportunities and growing from these people's influence in my life.
- Love is complicated. I tend to fall easily into it and struggle to fall out of it. I believe I can say I've truly been in love. I know I can say I've had my heart broken. I've learned life lessons from love. I've felt butterflies from love. I've cried myself to sleep and truly felt pain, because of love. Most importantly, I've learned lessons in love. I know more about myself because of love, and more about what I want and deserve from a person that I love. Oh yes, LOVE is complicated.
- Some people know me better than I know myself. I've already established that I'm a dreamer, and yet so many people in my life know how to keep me grounded and focused. They help me see the practicality in things. They help me to keep dreaming when one of my dreams falls through. They plant seeds in my head, but allow them to grow according to my own timing. They've seen me in my darkest of dark times. They help me remember who I am deep down, even when I seem to have forgotten.
People have recently come into my life, fallen out of my life, inspired me, broken my heart, and reopened my eyes to things that make me me. I can't help but wonder who I may lose in the future, or who has yet to come into my life, but everyone does come into our lives for a reason. Of that, I am certain.
Beautiful. All of it! I love you like my own Brianne.
ReplyDelete